The original window was bombed out in 1941. A parishioner had kept four fragments in a shoebox for eighty years, and the only record of the full design was a single black-and-white photograph taken for a parish history in 1911.
We worked from the photograph for the tracery layout and from the four surviving fragments for actual colour — the rest of the palette was reconstructed by comparing against three other windows from the same workshop that had survived elsewhere in the county. It took longer to research than to build.